How to Trick Myself into Cleaning my House
I am a messy person by nature.
But I really do enjoy my house more when it’s tidy, so here are some of my tips for motivating myself to clean–the main ways I trick myself into getting into cleaning mode…
- Pick up flowers from the grocery store
- Play some fun music–right now, I’m playing a lot of the Anthem Lights channel on Pandora, it’s a bunch of great covers–you’ll LOVE it!
- Move furniture–when I move my furniture around (something I always enjoy because #crazy) I always end up seeing the mess with new eyes which for some reason gives me motivation to clean
- Set a timer–it’s amazing what I can get done in 20 minutes when I hear that timer ticking
- Focus only on surfaces and floors–clear off the tables and counters–use that steamy hot rag, then sweep and mop the floors–nothing else, sorry, it’s the rule!
- Invite someone over in an hour–your own personal blackmail
- Buy some new yummy cleaning supplies–because I can’t resist good smells
Y’all, I fall for it every time!