No matter the storm event, there is always a risk of power outages in your power network. Power outages may disrupt communications, water, and transportation. They may also create obstacles to business as usual, such as preventing you from being able to use gas stations, ATMs, banks, and other services as normal. At the most critical, power outages can cause food spoilage, water contamination, and disrupt medical devices, posing possible health effects to communities.
Review these steps to see how you can protect yourself and your household in the event of a power outage:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed until power is back on.
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows.
- Do not use a gas stove to heat your home.
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or using power dependent medical devices.
- If safe, go to an alternative location for heat and cooling.
- Check on neighbors.
If you experience storm damage, call SERVPRO of East Hamilton Fairfield at 513-858-1071