Different kinds of lighting
Lightning creates shock waves. Lightning striking across a cloud produces shock waves that we know as thunder, but it can also cause these on the ground. These shock waves are powerful enough to explode cinder blocks and shatter windows, so it is wise to inspect the foundation of your home if lightning struck nearby.
Lightning can damage electronics. When it travels through a home’s wiring system, lightning can transfer its charge throughout the electrical network of the home—causing significant damage to anything plugged in. A surge protector is a good precautionary measure for protection.
Lightning can start fires. Because lightning typically strikes buildings or structures, it can often cause fires. Not only do its high temperatures have the potential for igniting a home on impact, but it can also cause severe wiring damage within the walls of the home. If your house has been struck, the fire department can perform tests to ensure the wiring is not a fire risk.
If your home or business experiences a lightning fire related damage, call SERVPRO of East Hamilton Fairfield.